It has finally happened..
I knew that it would happen one day.. and tonight.. it has happened... Ive given into the call to the dark side. As some would know.. before i moved up to the Northern Territory where it was toooooooo hot to house a quilt in my lap to work on, i was an avid quilter.
I have been going through Mirandas clothes and sorting what she needs bought for the up and coming summer and what can be handed on to another little girl. While doing this, i have been looking at the print on some things thinking.. oooooh..
i could use this for an accent on a page
or..
i could use this as a fabric stripe
or..
this one as the background
&
ooooh... this was her favourite.. or.. i loved her in that!...
etc
but even more so.. i have been seeing these gorgeous prints, ruffles, pockets and zipper fronts as panels in a quilt.
For one birthday, b1 and b2, each got their own throw size quilt to tote along with them when they stayed at grand-mas, or to use in the living room of a night to snuggle under.. though, through our living in the wilderness and my obsession with scrapping, Miranda has somehow missed out. So... while i was ultimately sorting clothes and considering pieces for use on scrap pages.. i have some how half created my next quilt in my head.
I am a methodical scrapper.. making sure that one quilt is complete before starting another.. though.. THIS WILL STOP.. IT HAS TO STOP.. as i think that this new quilt design will send me crazy if its call is not answered.
I have always been one to pass things on.. to recycle the childrens clothing.. Knowing that someone, somwhere would adore the gorgeous clothing that my children have in their wardrobes.. the thought of cutting it up, until i became a scrapper would have never crossed my mind. What an appauling thought!!! Though.. scrapping has opened my eyes.. so much so.. that this quilt will not just be a quilt.. though a warm.. usable scrap book of memories.. of not only when Mea was little.. but the pretty things that she adored will be able to go along with her even as she grows.
How ever will i be able to juggle scrapping and quilting.. how ever does Janelle Wind do both.. and for magazines no less!?

4 comments:
Please disregard that last note. Chalk it up to a 'senior moment'. *looking for my favorite msn face*
Just don't strip the kids clothes off to scrap, ok? *laffs* Let them grow out of them first.
Love and lots of hugs to you and yours.
{{{{{{hugsssss}}}}}}}
I balance both SJ and I sure you can too.
~L~ y'know, this thinking alike business is getting rather spooky... guess who just went through her old clothes and hacked them for craft?
I think Mea will love the quilt, hun. And, yknow what? I *know* you, and if anyone can do both, it's gonna be you.
This is such a gorgeous idea, SJ. I think it's a VERY worthy reason to give in to that dark side's call. I'll be stashing this idea for when Sam starts to grow out of clothes big enough for me to crop and quilt! Love it, can't wait to see Mea's quilt complete!
Post a Comment